In this episode, we continue our series on preparing for your birth and cover all things related to prenatal nutrition.
Here’s what we talked about:
- Why nutrition during pregnancy is so important
- Exactly what supplements every pregnant woman should be taking (plus clarification on taking Folate vs. Folic Acid during pregnancy)
- The two probiotic strains you should be looking for to help prevent GBS infection and decrease risks to your baby
- Why water is so important during pregnancy and how much you should be drinking every day
- Are you really eating for two? How many extra calories your baby really needs
- Why food quality matters and how to get more nutrition from the food you eat
- The many benefits of fiber and how to make sure you’re getting enough
- All about protein, carbs, and fats: How much to eat and where you should get it
- The Date Study – can dates really help with labor?
Resources/Products Mentioned in this Episode:
- https://www.23andme.com – a service you can use to get tested for the MTHFR gene
- Prenatal Vitamin Recommendations:
- Calcium-Magnesium & vitamin D supplements
- Probiotic Recommendation: Jarrow’s Femdophilius (includes Lactobacillus rhamnosus and Lactobacillus reuteri)
- Karly’s homemade Gatorade recipe: Water, juice from one lemon, a few pinches of salt, 1 tablespoon of honey
- Natural Electrolyte Drink Recipe from Wellness Mama
- The EWG’s 2017 Shoppers Guide – The Dirty Dozen
- Vitamin C supplement
- Camu Camu Powder
- Crazy Benefits of Camu Camu Powder from Wellness Mama
- Fish Oil Supplement Recommendation: Carlson Labs Fish Oil
- The Date Study
Did you like this episode? Please subscribe, rate, review, and share!
The Birth Kweens get down to the nitty gritty of pregnancy, birth, postpartum, and women’s health. For more from us, visit birthkweens.com. Follow us on Instagram @BirthKweens and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions, suggestions and feedback.