You might work with me if…
You are someone who knows what you want and that does not include waiting in an OB’s office for an hour only to be seen for 5 minutes with no time for questions.
You don’t like fear filled language
You don’t appreciate body or size shaming or discrimination
You want a provider who is taking anti-racsim work seriously and knows that you deserve to be listened to (I have recommendations for black and brown providers if you would prefer someone of your same race)
You’re not exactly dazzled when your doc wants to schedule a Cesarean birth because they think your baby is too big and your bad-ass self won’t be able to push it out (or, really, any other negative thing they may say about your body)
You don’t appreciate appreciate being dismissed or asked if “you’ve been talking to Dr. Google” when you bring up concerns.
You’ve had some birth trauma that you don’t care to repeat.
You know you’re not sick when you’re pregnant and don’t want to be treated as if you are. Natural remedies preferred!
Maybe you’ve watched The Business of Being Born and the thought that any health care provider would make a recommendation regarding your health care based on personal convenience, money or ANYTHING other than the best interest of you and your baby is horrifying.
You, my friend, are an intelligent human and you expect to be treated that way.
You’re in the right place, I’ve got just what you need!
Prenatal and Postpartum Care
- Additional testing if needed
- Nutritional/supplemental counsel to reduce risks during pregnancy and birth
- Education on getting your baby in a good position to make birth easier
- Counsel on almost all pregnancy discomforts
- Making the visits family centered, helping you and any family members feel the baby in utero and listen to the heartbeat
- Discuss the pros and cons of newborn procedures, GBS treatment, etc…
- Help you mentally prepare for any twists and turns your birth may take
For postpartum care I can offer:
- In home visits
- Assistance with latching and lactation
- Detecting tongue tie which is very commonly missed
- Assessing baby’s weight loss and weight gain
- Coming up with a lactation plan when necessary
- Helping resolve breast/chest infections
- Vaginal steaming for a faster recovery
- Early detection of postpartum mood disorders and natural treatments to alleviate mild ones
- Counsel on what is normal for the baby (sleeping, elimination, etc…)
- Listening to and helping you process your birth story
- Advice on supplementation and nutrition postpartum (extremely helpful after a postpartum hemorrhage)