Karly and Ali talk with Dr. Jaime Goldman of Luna Physical Therapy about pelvic floor health before, during, and after pregnancy. Jaime is a licensed women’s health physical therapist specializing in pregnancy, postpartum, and pelvic floor health. She has been practicing physical therapy for 10 years, as well as being a yoga instructor and birth doula. Healing her own birth-related injuries and returning to exercise following the births of her daughters is what led Dr. Goldman to pursue her path in pelvic floor health. Here’s an overview of what you’ll hear about in this episode:
- Jaime’s background and how she ended up as a physical therapist who specializes in women’s health and pelvic floor issues.
- The most common pelvic floors issues that arise during and after pregnancy
- Whether it’s normal to experience incontinence while pregnant and after giving birth and what can be done to fix this issue
- What a treatment session with a pelvic floor physical therapist usually entails
- How breath works impacts the pelvic floor and why it’s an essential part of healing after birth
- Some tools and techniques people at home might be able to use to address their own pelvic floor issues
- What a yoni egg/vaginal weight is and how and when it can be used to strengthen the pelvic floor
- Pelvic floor prolapse – what it means, the different types, and some basics about treatment
- An article about what a women’s health physical therapist does
- A tool to help you locate a pelvic floor physical therapist (courtesy of the Women’s Health – American Physical Therapy Association)
If you liked this episode of the Birth Kweens Podcast, tell your friends! And go to iTunes, Stitcher, GooglePlay, and Spotify to rate/review/subscribe to the show. For more from us, visit www.BirthKweens.com to sign up for our newsletter. Follow us on Instagram @BirthKweens, join our Facebook group the Birth Kweens Podcast Community, and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions, suggestions and feedback. Also, be sure to click here so that you can support the show while doing your regular Amazon shopping!