On this episode of the Birth Kweens Podcast, Karly and Ali talk with Amy Medling, the PCOS Diva. Amy is a certified health coach who specializes in working with women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or PCOS, who are frustrated and have lost all hope when the only solution their doctors offer is to lose weight, take a pill, and live with their symptoms. In response, Amy founded PCOS Diva and developed a proven protocol of supplements, diet, and lifestyle programs that offer women tools to help gain control of their PCOS and regain their fertility, femininity, health, and happiness. Here’s an overview of exactly what is covered in this episode:
- The definition of PCOS, including symptoms and how PCOS is usually diagnosed (including the fact that 50% of women who have PCOS are misdiagnosed!)
- Amy’s own journey with PCOS and how she struggled with symptoms for years before actually being diagnosed in her 30s (when she began struggling with secondary infertility)
- The various nutrient deficiencies that women with PCOS commonly deal with and some possible reasons why they exist
- How and why Amy began seeking alternatives to western medicine to treat her own PCOS
- The essential role that diet plays in treating PCOS and how important it is to understand blood sugar and the impact that different foods have on blood sugar regulation
- How inflammation is really at the root of PCOS and the role that dietary changes play in reducing inflammation
- How mental and emotional healing and growth is an essential part of effective PCOS treatment
- The longevity of PCOS – it’s not something that will ever go away so treatments must be sustainable
- The role that supplements play in treating PCOS (click here if you’re interested in purchasing some of Amy’s own line of supplements!)
- Click here to enroll in Amy’s amazing PCOS Diva program. She’ll guide you through the process of treating your PCOS in a natural and holistic way. Do NOT miss out!!!
- Click here to buy Amy’s book Healing PCOS: A 21-Day Plan for Reclaiming Your Health and Life with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Did you like this episode? Please subscribe, rate, review, and share!
The Birth Kweens get down to the nitty gritty of pregnancy, birth, postpartum, and women’s health. For more from us, visit birthkweens.com. Follow us on Instagram @BirthKweens and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions, suggestions and feedback.