In part two of Monica’s birth story, she talks about the birth of her son, Murphy. The pregnancy, birth, and postpartum experiences were completely different with Murphy than they were with Betsy and she explains why. Here are a few high points from this episode:
- The breastfeeding challenges and postpartum anxiety she dealt with after her first birth and how those experiences informed her postpartum expectations for baby #2
- What bonding with her new babies looked like and how “baby bliss” was NOT a thing she experienced in the early days with either of her babies.
- What it’s like to be a working mom and how much Monica actually looked forward to going back to work after maternity leave
- How Monica and her husband made the decision to have another baby and how preparing for that birth was different than her first
- Monica’s expectations and fears for birth #2 given the rather traumatic experience she had with her first birth
- The Wellness Mama article on preventing GBS that Monica mentions
- What it was like to go into labor spontaneously (and before 41 weeks!) with baby #2
- How Murphy’s birth unfolded – unmedicated and in a birth center just like she wanted!
- The magical Bucky 40 Blinks eye mask that helped Monica through her labor and birth
- The healing that Monica experienced through her second birth
Did you like this episode? Please subscribe, rate, review, and share!
The Birth Kweens get down to the nitty gritty of pregnancy, birth, postpartum, and women’s health. For more from us, visit birthkweens.com. Follow us on Instagram @BirthKweens and email us at email@example.com with your questions, suggestions and feedback.